Transient Student Status

Students may apply for Transient Student status if they wish to attend other regionally accredited institutions and subsequently return to Chattahoochee Technical College. Application is made by obtaining a Transient Student Request Form from the Student Affairs Office. The student must be actively enrolled in a program of study and eligible to register at Chattahoochee Technical College, and the requested course must be a course in the student’s program of study. Chattahoochee Technical College will notify students if they are not eligible for transient status. The student must meet the following requirements before transient permission can be granted:

  • Must be in good academic standing (2.0 grade point average);
  • Must be regularly admitted to a program of study and eligible to register at Chattahoochee Technical College;
  • Must specify course(s) to be taken at the other institution (e.g.HUMN 1101);
  • Requested course(s) must be in the student’s declared program of study;
  • Must have completed ALL required Learning Support courses;
  • Must have successfully completed one term of enrollment at Chattahoochee Technical College.
  • Must have successfully completed prerequisites for the course.

Note : Students may not concurrently attend Chattahoochee Technical College and another institution at the same time with the intent to transfer grades without prior authorization of the Director of Records from CTC.